Health Promotion Case Management at AIDS Vancouver
At HIM, we do our best to provide you with information so you can make educated decisions that make sense for you. Our risk calculator is an interactive way to assess which activities carry greater risk and this quiz will give you a recommendation on how often you should test. Of course even with these tools, navigating the complexities of risk when it comes to HIV can be a difficult task.
Thankfully, our partners over at AIDS Vancouver have come up with a new program to support gay guys healthy living. Their Case Managers work with specific populations including gay, bi and other men who have sex with men and who have additional risk factors such as:
- Recent diagnosis/treatment of STI
- Being in a sero-discordant (where one guy is negative and one is positive) relationship
- Participating in the sex trade industry
- Having unprotected sex with multiple and/or anonymous partners
- Experiencing mental health and/or substance use issues
- Homelessness and inadequate housing
- Recent or current course of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
The aim of the program is to address some of the underlying problems or barriers that can impact a person’s ability to protect themselves while supporting their resilience.
If you think you’re a good fit for the program or are interested in more information, please do not hesitate to call 604-812-2838.