GetCheckedOnline is a new, free, and confidential HIV and STI testing program developed by the BC Centre for Disease Control for GAY and BISEXUAL MEN in Vancouver, Canada. You can get the tests you need, without having to see a doctor or nurse.
Save time and hassle with your sexual health check-ups.
It just makes sense!
WHO CAN USE GetCheckedOnline?
GetCheckedOnline.com is currently available to clients of some sexual health clinics in Vancouver, and is now being expanded to be available to gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men in Vancouver.
Have a Promo Code?
No Promo Code?
What Can I Test For?
*HIV is tested with the “Early” HIV test (also called NAAT/RNA test), which detects the virus 10–12 days after infection.
For more information on HIV tests available in BC, please visit Testing at HIM.
How It Works:
1. Create an Account
You’ll need to provide your name, date of birth, sex and phone number.
2. Create a Lab Form
Complete a sexual history questionnaire to find out what tests are recommended for you. Print your lab form.
3. Give samples at a participating lab
Take your lab form to a participating LifeLabs location in Vancouver. You do not need to show ID or your BC Care Card, but you must bring your printed lab form.
4. Receive your Results
You’ll receive an email from GetCheckedOnline letting you know when your test results are ready. If any of your results are positive or inconclusive, a nurse will contact you to talk about treatment or retesting.
When Should I Use GetCheckedOnline?
- To keep up with regular HIV and STI testing.
- You don’t want to see a health care provider every time you test.
- You have trouble getting to a clinic for testing.
When it’s better to see a health care provider?
- You or your sex partners have symptoms of an STI, such as discharge, pain, itching or sores on the genitals.
- You had sex with someone who has an STI or a sex partner has told you to get tested.
- You need tests that GetCheckedOnline does not offer.
- You had sex without your consent (sexual assault).
Just Make Sense Videos
Your privacy is important. Any personal information that you provide on GetCheckedOnline will be kept secure and confidential. If you have questions about your privacy and how it’s protected, please visit GetCheckedOnline for more information.
Just Makes Sense is a collaboration between Health Initiative for Men (HIM) and the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC). For more information visit GetCheckedOnline.