Looking for a Nurse Practitioner?
If you are looking for a family care provider, HIM is now offering primary care in collaboration with Providence Health and Vancouver Coastal Health. (Nurse Practitioner FAQ)
In order to be eligible for this free service, you are must satisfy the following criteria:
- identify as gay, men who sex with men (MSM), or other men who have sex with men (OMSM)
- don’t have a family care provider
- qualify for Medical Services Plan (M.S.P.)
- have had an HIV negative result in the last 30 days
And have one of the following:
- are in a sero discordant relationship (i.e. you are HIV negative and your partner is HIV positive)
- recent diagnosis of a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- exchange sex for commodities (money, food, drugs, shelter)
- use illicit drugs or have an alcohol dependence
- have sexual partners of unknown HIV status
- underhoused or homeless
HIM currently do not have nurse practitioners on duty, but hope to in the near future. Please check back for updates or phone (604) 488-1001 during office hours for additional details.