Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a rapidly evolving global issue. In keeping with our commitment to strengthen the health and well being of the community, and after consulting with our local health authority partners, Health Initiative for Men is taking a number of measures which will impact how we provide our services and community programming during this pandemic.
Our top priority is to safeguard the well being of our community, and therefore we wanted to make sure that all measures being taken are as clear and specific as possible, and that the information we provide is a s robust as it can be during this time of uncertainty.
The purpose of this response page is to serve as an ongoing information hub about changes in HIM services and programming as the pandemic unfolds, as well as a resource for the broader community to maintain good physical, sexual, social and mental health during this crisis.
Main measures being taken by HIM in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Limit the scope and scale of clinical services provided at the HIM Health Centres until further notice. For more information about the specific services that have changed, please see our Clinical Services section.
- Our Health Centres are cleaned and disinfected regularly in accordance with the Vancouver Coastal Health recommendations.
- All community outreach and engagement groups and programming are suspended indefinitely in an effort to promote social (physical) distancing. For more information about the impacted programs and groups, please see our Community Programs section.
- We will resume our counselling and coaching programs remotely via secure video/phone telecommunication. For more information please see our Mental Health section.
- We have asked our office staff to work remotely from home to promote better health and social-distancing.
Discrimination & COVID19
Let’s make sure to be careful, know the facts, and protect those of us who are on the margins.
Health information in this resource has been created based on content published by the World Health Organization, and the BC Centres for Disease Control (BCCDC), and original content is drafted by HIM staff.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 or about HIM programs and services during the COVID-19 pandemic, please check our FAQ section or email: email@example.com