To ensure that we minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19, we are limiting the scope and scale of clinical services provided at the HIM Health Centres until further notice:
Locations and Hours:
- The HIM on Davie Health Centre will remain open in the meantime. You need to call 604-786-9063, Monday – Thursday: between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm (Friday and Saturday between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm). A nurse will do an initial assessment and give you a time when you will be seen (if necessary).
- The HIM on the Drive Health Centre will be closed effective Thursday March 19, 2020 until further notice.
Currently we are NOT accepting any appointments or walk-ins at the HIM in Fraser Health Region (Surrey, Abbotsford and New Westminster). If you need to be seen urgently (e.g. have STI symptoms or require treatment) please CALL the Fraser Health Central Booking Line to access a sexual health appointment at 604-476-7087
- The Health Centres are cleaned and disinfected regularly as per Vancouver Coastal Health recommended procedures.
Scope of Services:
- We are currently not accepting appointments or walk-ins for routine screening, routine vaccinations or wart treatments.
- Only clients with symptomatic STIs and are concerned about exposure to HIV in the last 72 hours can do walk-in at our operating Health Centres.
- HIM Health Centres are NOT able to test you for the COVID-19 Virus. The BC Ministry of Health has developed a Self-Assessment Tool which will help you determine if you need further assessment or testing. Also check the Additional Resources section for more information on COVID-19 testing and support.
- All express testing at the Davie Health Centre (routine testing without seeing a nurse) is cancelled until further notice. If you need to do routine STI testing, please consider doing it through GetCheckedOnline.ca (promo code: H5673).
- For those who do need a PrEP renewal, nurses are looking into doing that over the phone and they will contact you.
- If you are coughing, feeling feverish or have difficulty breathing we ask you to call 8-1-1 (HealthLink BC), contact your family doctor, or contact an Urgent Care Center for advice but please don’t come to the HIM Health Centres.
- REACH Urgent Care Centre (1145 Commercial Drive) can be reached at: 604-216-3138