UPDATE – June 8, 2020 Resuming In-Person Counselling:
We are partially re-opening some of our spaces to allow in-person counselling again. To do this safely, we have new protocols in place as recommended by the health authorities. If you’re coming for in-person counselling, your counsellor will ask you to comply with these protocols, as well as to monitor any symptoms before your sessions. You will also receive a document explaining the protocols with your confirmation email prior to start counselling. Please do not come to an appointment if you feel sick or have any symptoms, just notify the counsellor and you will be able to reschedule or cancel without penalty.
Currently, we are prioritizing in-person counselling for folks who might have accessibility issues, including lack of internet / phone access; or lack of access to a private space. Please note that we will try to accomodate to preferences, but we might not always have the capacity to do so. If you have the means to do counselling remotely, we still strongly encourage that you work with your counsellor this way.
To ensure that we minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19, we are modifying the mechanism of providing counselling and coaching services. If for any reason, you are uncomfortable with the changes below, please contact email@example.com immediately:
- Counselling and coaching programs will continue using secure video, phone, and internet resources.
- If you are in immediate need of assistance, and/or are experiencing severe thoughts of suicide, you may consider calling the Crisis Centre 1-800-784-2433
- If you are a participant in the Volunteer Professional Counselling or Coaching with HIM Program, your sessions will not be suspended and will continue until your sessions are complete. This is important because when we delay sessions, others who are waiting for the program will need to wait longer.
- Your counsellor or coach will reach out to you to make arrangements for phone, or video counselling sessions. If you are unsure about what to do, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your counsellor will maintain the utmost confidentiality when you have your counselling sessions over the phone, or by video call.
- We encourage you to find a private location for you to have your sessions. If you cannot find a private location, please contact email@example.com or your counsellor directly.
- Confidentiality can be different to navigate when you are not in the same room as your counsellor or coach. Feel free to talk to your counsellor or coach about this
For any questions about mental health programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org