We have gathered some useful information and tips to help you take care of yourself and others around you during the pandemic and the rollout of the vaccinations:
- To access the most updated information about mask-wearing requirements in BC, please visit the province’s Restart Plan at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
- Facemasks should be worn to slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- As of June 2021, wearing masks and/or face-coverings are recommended in places where it is not possible to consistently maintain a 2-metre physical distance from others, particularly in crowded public settings. It is recommended to use a face mask in all indoor spaces where we are not maintaining a 2-metre physical distance with people outside of our bubble.
- Wearing a mask alone will not prevent the spread of COVID-19. You must consistently and strictly stick to good hygiene and public health measures, including frequent hand washing and physical (social) distancing.
- It is important to continue wearing a mask and follow public health orders even after being vaccinated, until most of the population have been vaccinated and we know more about the virus.
See this Mayoclinic article to learn more about different types of masks and their appropriate use.
Staying Calm & Coping with Stress
We developed the infographic below with our counselors to support you in navigating through the stress and anxiety potentially caused by the COVID-19 pandemic:
If you are unable to access or view the infographic above, please consider downloading this PDF version.