Primary care at HIM
To be seen by our Nurse Practitioner, you must satisfy ALL of the following criteria:
- identify as either gay, bi, or other men who have sex with men (OMSM)
- don’t have a family care provider
- qualify for Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- have had a negative HIV result in the last 30 days. If you’re positive or recently diagnosed with HIV, we’ll help you connect with other health care providers.
And you need to identify with ONE of the following:
- in a serodiscordant relationship (i.e. you are HIV negative and your partner is HIV positive)
- recent diagnosis of a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- exchange sex for commodities (money, food, drugs, shelter)
- use illicit drugs or have an alcohol dependence
- have sexual partners of unknown HIV status
- under-housed or homeless
If you’re eligible, phone for more information (604-488-1001) to see the HIM on Davie nurse who can refer you to the Nurse Practitioner at HIM.