What is Transitions and who is it for?
Transitions is a self-exploration and pre-employment program for self-identified male or trans folks in the sex industry in metro Vancouver who want to explore their interests and passions; learn or strengthen skills; and/or transition into other industries or work. In the program you get assistance in identifying diverse possibilities of income and career in other fields, as well as contemplating education, training, and employment options.
How can Transitions support me?
Program participants are connected to a community of peers, gender diverse folks and allied professionals in an environment of acceptance and diversity. As a participant, you will have access to:
- Personalized, one-on-one case management.
- Tailored, specialized periodic workshops on life skills on demand.
- Referrals to groups, programs and services (at HIM and other organizations) to assist you with your needs.
What would I be doing?
Coming for periodic meetings with the service coordinator where you’ll be:
- Exploring your personal strengths, assets, and identify challenges.
- Setting goals in the short, mid and long term and determining how to attain them.
- Strengthening your intra and inter personal skills.
- Creating new connections with HIM, the staff, peers and other folks in the community.
What do I need to bring?
Yourself and your ideas. Lunch and snacks are provided for meetings, and gift cards every time you come; as well as Translink tickets (valid for bus, Skytrain rides on all zones) to come and return to your appointments.
How can I get started?
You can access this program all year round, so is always a good time to get connected! You just need to contact with the service coordinator to set up a time to meet via phone, e-mail, or texts. There is a cell phone line for Transitions, so if you prefer to text instead of calling, we can text via iMessage, Whatsapp, or regular text messages (SMS).
If you want to know more about the Transitions Consortium team, please click here: vancouvertransitions.ca