Does your art, paintings, sculptures, or photography empower and celebrate our community? HIM is offering exhibition space for local artists at the HIM on Davie Health Centre. HIM is calling for entries from artists who are passionate about what we do and want to share their work with our community. Every show will be exhibited in our health centre for up to six month and will be highlighted in our newsletter and social media.
Artists selected to display their work will be notified by July 1, 2019. No phone calls please.
To send your submission for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2019 including responses to all the questions below. We encourage submissions from all artists. Artists selected to display their work will be notified by July 1, 2019.
- Title: Tell us the proposed name of your art show, and any themes or tagline(s) you’d like to use.
- Artist Statement: Describe your work, your vision for the type of art you want to be exhibited in the Health Centre, and why you want to show your work at HIM.
- Connection to HIM: How does your art connect with us? Please give us a paragraph stating how your work supports or is connected to HIM’s mission to promote health and well-being of gay, bi and trans men in Vancouver.
- Resumé: Please include details of your professional art experience (if you have any. Not mandatory).
- Bio: Please describe yourself, where you are from, and your experience as an artist.
- Contact Details: Please include a phone number and email address. We will notify you if your entry is accepted or not.
- Work Sample: Please include 10 images of your artwork to be reviewed. Images must be in jpg, png or pdf format and should be attached in the email. Please include the size of your art.
- To submit, email email@example.com. Please notify us by email if you’d like to mail or drop off your work instead.