Do you believe in HIM’s mission and would like to help raise funds on our behalf? Third-party fundraisers are a great way to not only support HIM’s work financially, but to also raise awareness about what we do and engage others by using your fundraising skills and social reach and influence!
Here are some ways you can fundraise for HIM:
It could be a golf tournament, pub night, art sale, bake sale, or anything-a-thon. But please note that we enter into fundraising carefully, and we kindly ask that you read and follow our Third-Party Event Guidelines before submit your event application form and start planning your even.
You’d like to create a fundraising page on CanadaHelps and invite your friends to donate through it? That’s a great way create a community of support and how much you can raise money together towards HIM’s mission. We are including some guidelines and resources to help you set that up!How to create a fundraiser on CanadaHelps
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a fundraiser on CanadaHelps for free.
Messages for your fundraiser
- About HM (brief introduction):
Health Initiative for Men (HIM) is a registered non-pofit that aims to strengthen gay, bi and queer men, as well as two-spirit and gender diverse people (GBT2Q) health and well-being across BC. They offer the full spectrum of health-based programming and services for GBT2Q sexual, mental, physical and social health needs.
- About HIM (detailed introduction):
HIM is a nonprofit society that aims to strengthen the health and well-being in communities of self-identified GBQ men and gender diverse people in BC. They offer a full spectrum of health-based programming and services to meet the sexual, mental, physical and social health needs of communities of self-identified GBQ men and gender diverse people in BC. Their health centres in the Lower Mainland as well as their anonymous testing events in the BC Interior provide members of GBT2Q communities with HIV/STI prevention and treatment services. Additionally, Their mental health programs provide GBT2Q communities with access to counselling and support through peer counsellors who work with clients on matters relevant to their mental health such as loneliness, anxiety, coming out, racism, self-esteem/body image, aging, sex, substance use-related issues, and more. Physical and social health programs at HIM provide GBT2Q communities with opportunities to take a more holistic approach to health in an engaging setting that cultivates a sense of connection and builds community.
- Why Donate to HIM:
As community organization lead by peers from the communities we serve, they are able to bridge between the needs of our communities and resources provided by local, provincial and federal health institutions, while creating a space that is safe, engaging, empowering and stigma-free for our communities. And today, thousands of community members turn to HIM to find the information, services and support they need to make informed decisions about their own health.
Creating a fundraiser on Facebook to celebrate an uplifting occasion is a thoughtful and easy thing to do and invite your friends to participate in. Whether you want to celebrate your birthday, your wedding, or to celebrate the life of a loved one, we have created some resources to help you with your next Facebook fundraising campaign:
Celebrate Your Birthday with HIM:
Organizing a Facebook fundraiser to celebrate our birthday is an increasingly popular way to spread joy on our birthday and engage your friends in a meaningful cause that means a lot to us. It’s also very easy to set-up with just a few clicks. Click on the image you like from the options below to download the image in full size.
Celebrate Your Love with HIM
Whether it’s your wedding day, a relationship anniversary, or even a friendiversary, organizing a Facebook fundraiser to celebrate the love we share with someone dear to us can be a fantastic way to spread that love and engage our friends and family in a meaningful cause the meaningful cause that means a lot to us. It’s also very easy to set-up with just a few clicks. Click on the image you like from the options below to download the image in full size.
Celebrate a Life with HIM
Giving can b a wonderful way to honour the life and legacy of a loved one we’ve lost. Organizing fundraisers for a good cause can be a wonderful way to bring our friends and loved ones together to remember those whom we’ve lost and let their legacy live on through charitable giving.How to create a fundraiser on Facebook
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a Facebook fundraiser.
Messages for your fundraiser
On my [special day] this year, I want to invite you all to join me in supporting Health Initiative for Men (HIM) by making a donation…
- Since 2009, HIM has been on the forefront of developing, supporting and promoting programs that strengthens the health and wellbeing of GBT2Q communities.
- Every year, more than 8,000 gender diverse, gay, bi, and queer folks get access to HIV and STI testing and treatment through HIM every year. Also, hundreds of folks cross the province connect with to the doctors and nurses who provide PrEP through HIM health centres and testing nights on yearly basis.
- Since 2009, HIM has been teaching, training and building the capacity of hundreds of mental health service providers across the province to work better with gay, bi, and queer folks. It is our hope to create a community where taking care of these parts of yourself is as important as your sexual and physical health; without shame or stigma.
- HIM knows that sex work is real work, important work, and work that should be honored. Every year HIM works with a group of current and former sex workers to deliver training to over a hundred service providers like social workers, nurses, and outreach workers in a training that is designed to decrease the stigma associated with sex work and make healthcare better for sex workers.
So, let’s “give HIM a hand” and keep that great work going: https://checkhimout.ca/donate
Some extra tips
- Talk about your own personal story with HIM. Your friends and loved ones will connect more with your fundraiser.
- Encourage your friends to share your fundraiser to their own friends.
- Tag our page on Facebook @HealthInitiativeforMen.
- Set a goal to your fundraiser.
- Set a deadline to your fundraiser. This will encourage your friends to help you meet your fundraiser goal faster.
For questions and inquiries about organizing fundraisers on HIM’s behalf, please email us at: email@example.com