Transitions Program has ended, we invite you to check out our HUSTLE page for sex worker support.
What is Transitions and who is it for?
Transitions is a self-exploration and pre-employment program for self-identified men, nonbinary, and two-spirit people involved in all areas of sex industry who want to explore their interests and passions; education and skill-development; and/or transitioning into other industries or work. The program is available to all sex workers and others who trade sex for money, gifts or favours, and do not identify as a sex worker.
How can Transitions support me?
Program participants are connected to a community of peers, gender diverse folks and allied professionals in an environment of acceptance and diversity. As a participant, you will have access to:
- Personalized, one-on-one case management.
- Tailored, specialized periodic workshops on life skills on demand.
- Referrals to groups, programs and services (at HIM and other organizations) to assist you with your needs.
- Drop-in counselling hours for participants.
What would I be doing?
Coming for periodic meetings with the service coordinator where you’ll be:
- Exploring your personal strengths, assets, and identify challenges.
- Setting goals in the short, mid and long term and determining how to attain them.
- Strengthening your intra and inter personal skills.
- Creating new connections with HIM, the staff, peers and other folks in the community.
What do I need to bring?
Yourself and your ideas. Lunch and snacks are provided for meetings, and gift cards every time you come; as well as Translink tickets (valid for bus, Skytrain rides on all zones) to come and return to your appointments.
How can I get started?
You can access this program all year round, so is always a good time to get connected! You just need to contact with the service coordinator to set up a time to meet via phone, or e-mail.
If you want to know more about the Transitions Consortium team, please click here: vancouvertransitions.ca